Employees care, a lot
Companies that demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility (CSR) have been shown to attract and retain a workforce that’s engaged and productive – that is, a sustainable workforce. This is why organizations the world over, of all sizes, invest in CSR programs.
51% of employees won’t work for a company that doesn’t have strong social and environmental commitments
Demographic trends suggest that CSR initiatives are not only a good idea, but absolutely essential as millennials are forecast to make up 75% of the workforce by 2025.
What millennial workers value
- 88% find work more fulfilling when they can make a positive impact
- 76% consider a company’s social and environmental commitments when deciding where to work
- 75% say they would take a pay cut to work for a responsible company
Consumers buy more than your product or service
In decades past, CSR programs were considered the pet projects of philanthropic dreamers or a minor cost centre, not an overall organizational concern. This has changed dramatically as the data clearly demonstrates that CSR not only appeals to employees, but also to customers, and can therefore boost your bottom line.
- 80% of consumers agree businesses must also address societal issues.
Source: Edelman Trust Barometer 2016
- 33% of consumers choose to buy from brands they believe are doing good.
Source: Unilever international Study 2016
- 55% of consumers willing to pay extra for products and services from companies committed to doing good.
Source: Nielsen 2014 Doing Well by Doing Good
Getting social purpose strategy right
Responding to new trends in the market, and society at large, presents significant challenges for most organizations. If implementing social impact strategies were easy, we wouldn’t have created the Muuvment Purpose platform.
Muuvment empowers your organization to develop, execute and track your CSR efforts in one easy place with a powerful purpose-built solution. Contact us today to learn more about how you can modernize your approach to social purpose and sustainability.